Monday, September 20, 2010

Review: EOS Lip Balm

It was December when I was browsing through the blogs I regularly check daily (or more, haha) that I came across this Painted Ladies post on the EOS lip balms. They had just recently started a series reviewing a lip balm every day. When I read through this post, I was immediately drawn in by the fact that it was organic and it was definitely a cute, interesting shape. Not only that, but Miss Taryn described it as a light moisture level leaving lips feeling smooth and soft. Also, the fact that it was available locally in Walgreens was the selling point to me!

You see, I am a chapstick and lip balm addict. Well, by that I mean that if I was stranded on a deserted island and I could only bring one item, it would be chapstick/lip balm. All my friends can tell you that I do not go anywhere without a chapstick or lipbalm readily available.

I had been using Burt's Bees chapstick for years. Just before they started the lip balm series, I started noticing that whenever I would apply Burt's Bees, my lips would start to burn. And when it would wear off, they would burn even more. I had heard rumors through the grapevine that if you regularly use chapstick, your lips get used to that product and it could have reactions if you stop using it. I thought that someone just made it up, but now I realized I needed to go on a hunt for a new lip balm/chapstick since Burt's Bees wasn't cutting it anymore!

I know I am not the first do to a review on the EOS lip balms. But I will say that I am so grateful that I follow Painted Ladies because they started the lip balm series right when I needed it!

At my local Walgreens I found only two of the EOS flavors - Honeysuckle Honeydew and Summerfruit. I can tell you right now that I have alternated buying these. I have probably gone through about 10 of the EOS "eggs" ;)

They are amazingly moisturizing and are perfect for what I had been looking for. I love the egg shape, but I have found it an issue when I want to go somewhere and only bring my lip balm, because it does not exactly fit comfortably in my pocket. A small thing I have noticed is that when I get halfway through using one, it seems that small little pieces of something (hard pieces of skin? dirt?) collect on the surface of the balm. So that when I go to reapply my balm, if I don't wipe off the top layer with a tissue, it will deposit whatever little rough pieces are on top onto my lips. However, those things aside, it is a fabulous product :) I absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a new balm to try.

I appreciate you stopping by to read my review :) Please do let me know what you think whether or not you've tried it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment